Become a practice member
A number of benefits are available to NZIA member practices. View details below.
Benefits of membership
The benefits available to Practice members include:
- Listing in the annual directory of NZIA practices and in the ‘Find an Architect’ section of this website
- Listing in Architecture NZ magazine (March/April edition)
- The ability to publish work on the NZIA website
- Access to the New Zealand Architecture Awards programme
- Marketing of NZIA practices (brand awareness)
- Promotional and practice assistance material for use by NZIA practices free of charge
- Quality Assurance programme
- Use of NZIA practice logo on letterhead
- Working copies of NZIA construction contracts and services agreements free of charge
- Practice notes and guide letters free of charge
Who is eligible?
Council may admit to the category of NZIA practice any architectural practice that complies with and agrees to accept, the following rules:
- NZIA practices will strive to ensure that they are competent to deal effectively with duties undertaken and maintain and extend their competence.
- NZIA practices will have architecture as their core business or a core component of it and a principal will be an NZIA architect member.
- All architect principals of NZIA practices will be NZIA architect members and all architectural work will be the responsibility of an NZIA architect.
- NZIA practices will undertake continuing education and training.
- NZIA practices will accept peer review in the event of a complaint which has been upheld.