14 May 2020
Check this page for up-to-date information about the global pandemic and how it affects architects, architectural practices and our wider community. Last updated 14 May 2020.
As New Zealand emerges from COVID-19 lockdown, we are all being challenged to develop new, safe ways of working.
The team at Te Kāhui Whaihanga NZIA are doing everything we can to continue to serve our members and make our contribution to the wider community effort.
Life at Level 2
A summary of the key points for our profession are:
- Businesses can open to the public if following public health guidance including physical distancing and record keeping. Alternative ways of working are encouraged where possible
- Most workers will not require personal protective equipment (PPE) to stay safe
- Travel around New Zealand is permitted
- PPeople at higher-risk of severe illness from COVID-19 (e.g. those with underlying medical conditions, especially if not well-controlled, and seniors) are encouraged to take additional precautions when leaving home. They may work, if they agree
with their employer that they can do so safely.
Help for practices
Visit our COVID-19 information section for detailed advice about practicing architecture during this challenging time.
Need more help? Te Kāhui Whaihanga NZIA is here to support you and your practice. Here’s how you can reach us:
- Telephone: 09 623 6080
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Practice Member enquiries: email@example.com
- Te Kāhui Whaihanga NZIA on Facebook
All public events and awards programmes are on hold at this time.
Please take care of yourselves.
Noho ora mai,
Teena Hale Pennington